Marketing analytics tools are essential for any business that wants to measure and improve its online performance. Google Analytics (GA) is one of the most widely used analytics platforms, but it may not be the best fit for every organisation. The GDPR laws are affecting the use of Google Analytics UA and many organisations are looking into alternative solutions instead of Google Analytics. In this blog post, we will explore some alternative marketing analytics tools to consider if you’re looking for something that offers more features or better fits your specific needs beyond Google Analytics.
Following are 5 recommended analytics tools, appropriate for digital marketing to consider as a substitute or additional measurement tool:
- Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture) – Adobe Analytics is a powerful, enterprise-level analytics platform that offers a wide range of features for measuring and analyzing online performance. It offers robust tracking and reporting capabilities, including the ability to track and analyze data from multiple channels, such as email, social media, and mobile. Adobe Analytics also offers a number of advanced features, such as advanced segmentation, attribution modeling, and predictive analytics.
- Piwik – Piwik is an open-source analytics platform that offers many of the same features as Google Analytics. It is a great option for organizations that want more control over their data and don’t want to rely on a third-party service. Piwik can be installed on your own server, giving you full control over your data. Additionally, Piwik offers a range of plugins that allow you to customize the platform to your specific needs.
- KISSmetrics – KISSmetrics is a customer intelligence platform that helps businesses track, analyze and improve their customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. The platform helps businesses understand the customer journey across all devices and channels, and helps businesses measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns and tactics. KISSmetrics also allows you to segment and analyze your data, as well as perform A/B testing.
- Mixpanel – Mixpanel is an analytics platform that helps businesses understand their customers and make data-driven decisions. The platform offers a range of features for tracking user behavior, including user segmentation, A/B testing, and push notifications. Mixpanel also offers a number of advanced features, such as predictive analytics, which can help businesses anticipate customer behavior and make better decisions.
- Heap – Heap is an easy-to-use analytics platform that allows you to track and analyze user behavior on your website or mobile app. The platform offers a range of features for tracking user behavior, such as automatic event tracking, session replay, and user session recording. Heap also offers an intuitive user interface that makes it easy to segment and analyze your data.
These are just a few of the many marketing analytics tools available on the market today. When choosing a tool, it’s important to consider your specific needs and goals, as well as your budget and resources. Many of these tools offer free trials or free versions, so you can test them out before making a decision. Ultimately, the right marketing analytics tool for your business will depend on your specific needs and requirements.
In conclusion, Google Analytics is a powerful and widely used analytics platform, but it may not be the best fit for every organization. By considering alternative marketing analytics tools, such as Adobe Analytics, Piwik, KISSmetrics, Mixpanel, and Heap, businesses can find a platform that offers more features or better fits their specific needs. Remember to evaluate each tool in terms of your business goals, budget and resources, then choose the one that best suits you.
Contact Abster Digital for a discussion and guided consultancy regarding your digital marketing needs and how you can adapt to the constantly changing online infrastructure in 2023.